Peanuts were introduced to North America hundreds of years ago. They originally hail from South Africa but are currently grown around the world noted peanut fan Brad Reifler. They’re as tasty are they are popular and versatile, that’s what has made them a part of our culture for so many years. As an added bonus, peanuts also boast several health benefits.
* Peanuts contain powerful antioxidant that helps remove the cell-damaging free radicals from our body.
* Peanuts help prevent strokes by increasing the blood flow to the brain. The under-ground growing legume contains resveratrol which dilate blood vessels and send more blood to the brain.
* Peanuts are rich in resveratrol, phytic acid, phytosterols and folic acid, all of which work to prevent cancer.
* Peanuts help prevent Alzheimer’s with their niacin content.
* People who enjoy peanuts or peanut butter at least once a week have a reported 25% lower risk of developing gallstones.
* Peanuts help to maintain a healthy weight when eaten in moderation.
Peanut butter offers the same health benefits as raw or roasted peanuts, just read the label to discover how much sugar has been added to the peanut butter product. A high added sugar content will lower the health benefits of the product.